Many people wonder what SEO is in marketing and do not know where this abbreviation comes from. The meaning of SEO is Search Engine Optimization, which in Spanish means “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimization.” It is a technique that uses several effective methods to optimize a web on the Internet.
The idea is to improve your position in different search engines as part of the Inbound Marketing strategy, a methodology that involves attracting, engaging and loyalty to customers.
Therefore, the ultimate goal of SEO is to make the page of business appear in the first results of a search, in order to increase its number of visits and enhance its product in the market it focuses on.
Main differences between SEO and SEM
Before getting fully into the question, it is convenient to distinguish between SEO and SEM, two similar concepts but that seek search engine optimization differently.
- SEO creates an optimal long-term traffic channel. To do this, it uses different strategies that are used to capture users and convert them into leads.
- The SEM, meanwhile, tries to position the web through the use of paid ads on search engines.
There are currently many search engines, although Google is the most used. For this reason, when talking about SEO, almost everyone refers to the positioning of a website on Google.
Advantages of professional SEO
The advantages of SEO in the world of marketing are many. From here we show you the most important:
- Multiply the visibility of a company or store through visits: the goal is to increase their growth possibilities, using efficient and agile tools to achieve it.
- Strengthen the inbound Marketing strategy: to start this process, SEO techniques are very effective. With them we will attract many visitors to our website, turning them into leads and potential customers.
- Long-term investment: these techniques require patience, effort and time since most results will begin to bear fruit in the medium-long term. Now, once we have managed to position our website, the number of visits will be constant and without any additional cost.
- Improve web content: positioning techniques will lead you to improve the quality of published content and offer a more pleasant user experience.
- Foster the trust and credibility of a brand or company: Google is responsible for distinguishing the most powerful pages, that is, the highest quality. For that reason, users tend to rely more on the websites that appear among the first results of a search.
Basic techniques that will improve web positioning
You may find the world of SEO positioning a bit confusing, but you have a number of basic tools that will help you strengthen your company in an inbound marketing strategy.
- Selecting keywords is very important: a great SEO strategy has to analyze the right keywords and know how to use them correctly so that Google can locate them without problems.
- Set up the web: sometimes, it happens that loading times are disproportionate or that web pages fall repeatedly. When positioning a website in a search engine, it is convenient to optimize the website in a technical sense.
- The links or URLs of the web pages are key in the positioning: the most advisable thing is that they be short, simple and that they include keywords.
- Create quality content that is useful for users: search engines bet on pages with practical, original and updated content. Uploading helpful and interesting content with some regularity will help you improve SEO.
- The descriptions, headers, and titles are also important: each article or page you write must have a descriptive title that also includes keywords. It is also convenient to use optimized headings and descriptions, as these will appear in the search engine results.
- The link building: this includes a series of techniques that generate links from other places to go to our page. The objective is to look for quality sites from which to generate these links. Of course, we must take care of certain very important details, such as the text that we are going to include as part of the link and the type of relationship generated with our page (follow or no-follow links).
These techniques will reinforce your inbound marketing strategy, although, as we have already mentioned, the results are medium or long term. Optimize the results of your positioning and attract more traffic to your website as soon as possible!